Sunday, July 20, 2008

Murphy's Law

"Whatever can go wrong will go wrong, and at the worst possible time, in the worst possible way"

I am living proof of Murphy's Law. This past Tuesday, I went to the beach with a couple of friends. We sunbathed, skimboarded and had our fun in the waves. I thought I had water in my ear so I wasn't too worried about that weird pressure in there. Who hasn't had water in their ear? Well, it turned out that it wasn't water in there. Saturday afternoon, I was admitted into the emergency room in Hackensack Medical. My ear went ballistic! It turns out I had half of Long Branch Beach inside my ear. It was horrible. I spent the night there.

That's the worst way part. The worst time part is that I had an assignment due on the 19th! I couldn't submit it! The thing about online assignments on Blackboard that really cinches it is that the assignment submitter is closed after the due date. I have my assignment but the submitter is gone. What I'm going to do is email my assignment and save my little hospital tag as proof that I couldn't submit my work on that day. (Hackensack Medical's computers don't have USB ports. Trust me, I checked.)

My lesson after this? Beware Q-tips and submit homework ASAP because you never know what might happen later on in the day.

No comments: