Tuesday, May 27, 2008

Did You Memorialize on Memorial Day?


Yesterday was pretty great. Memorial Day is a day to honor the troops, right? Right. I spent most of the day getting a care package ready for my best friend who's stationed in Iraq right now. Its a little bundle with music magazines, an iPod and letter with doodles to keep his spirits up. Sure it won't get there for a couple of weeks but I'm sure when he gets it, I'll get a facebook message full of thank you's and "<3" signs.

Other than that, I spent my weekend at home. I had a break from work (surprisingly) so I spent the whole time with my mom and siblings. We ate pasta and watched National Treasure 2. I'm glad I spent the break home. My skin isn't sunburnt and I don't have a cold from the chilly beach nights.

This holiday didn't really mean much to me until after high school when a good portion of my core friend group joined the armed forces. Some are still around while others are on the other side of the world. I'm pretty sure everyone knows someone in the armed forces. If you didn't take a time out during our 4-day weekend, take some time now to appreciate them. Even if you don't believe in the war, tip your hat for their sacrifices. They miss our birthdays, fun holidays and all days in-between. Appreciate them on Post-Memorial Day.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Good fill someone in on and this fill someone in on helped me alot in my college assignement. Thank you on your information.