Wednesday, July 4, 2007

Happy Independence Day

Happy 4th of July, everyone!

Yesterday was day two of my summer quarter. I started class at 8am. This is the first time I've had an early class in ages! It was obvious that not a lot of people would be crazy enough to take an 8am class in the summer since there were only about 10 cars in the parking lot. Haha.

The class I had was Organizational Behavior. We did an exercise where we had to describe a picture to another student and the other student had to draw it on the board. Sounds simple, right? Well, its easier said that done. I voluteered to be the reader for the exercise and....man oh man....I stunk! I mean, the picture came out okay (and I felt bad for the drawing student having to deal with my giggly/undescriptive directions) but the class definitely saw that I really needed to take this class. Haha. Hopefully, that'll be the only majorly embarrasing moment of my summer quarter.

After that, I had a 3 hour break so I took this opportunity do drive home and check up on my mom and my little sister. It turned out my little sister's bike accident resulted in a chipped bone on her foot. To cheer her up, I bought her some gummi bears. I stuck around until 12 before driving back for my 12:30pm class.

This class, Managing Informational Systems, sounds like a hoot. Its about digital firms and, I think, computer stuff. The class was short since not a lot of people had books yet. For the time that we were in class, my professor emphasized the importance of shopping around for books. If you're a student on tight budget, internet shopping will save your life! Haha.

Here's a tip: If you can buy a brand new textbook at the student store, go for it. There's nothing better than having your book right there. If you're on a tight budget, like me, buy your books online. I have a bunch of helpful links on the right side of this blog to help you out with that.

Again, happy 4th ,everyone! Be careful with those fireworks and enjoy the day!

No comments: