Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Serious Presentations in Oral Comm.

Today, in Oral Communications, the students had to stand in front of the class and talk about a serious incident that they've been through. There were tons of stories about family tragedies and personal shockers. It was the most tense and emotional class I've ever been in. There were tears in a lot of peoples' eyes. I was welling up a little bit when I was presenting my story. I talked about this past summer. If you've been reading my blogger for a while, you remember that I would mention my parents being in the hospital here and there. Well, I went into great detail about what happened during my presentation and found myself getting emotional. Although a few students did end up crying at the podium, I couldn't bring myself to do it. I abruptly stopped my story before I got any more emotional.

It was kinda cool because the class got to learn a little something about everyone. I just hope thats the last time we do the "serious incident" presentation. It was way intense.

No comments: