Thursday, October 18, 2007

Shuttle Bus Cram at 2:10pm

If you're on the 2:10pm shuttle bus on Tuesdays and Thursdays, you know exactly what I'm taking about.

Since there was a surge in enrollment this quarter, of course you expect large class counts and overbooked dorm rooms. One thing that someone forgot to think of was the packed shuttle bus!

The shuttles only run during 1:10, 2:10, and 3:20 (I don't know when they changed that one but I think I was one of the last to know.) Almost every Tuesday and Thursday, the bus is packed with no room to spare. Sometimes the driver says there's room in the back but he tends to forget that the students need room from books and, I don't know, breathing? Usually, the 2:10pm leaves early to drop off the first students who got there. Once the bus is emptied out, it comes back and picks up the rest.

This is all fine and dandy if it wasn't for the fact that I have to miss my 2:30 train every time I don't catch the first bus. I end up having to take a two one-hour buses home because if I wait for the 3:20 shuttle, I'll miss the 3:30 train and I'll be stuck wandering around downtown Paterson until 4:30. I would leave class earlier to be one of the first on the 2:10 bus, but I'll end up missing 20 minutes of class.

I think I might start walking down to Paterson from campus. Maybe then I'll be able to catch my train.

1 comment:

Aleksandra said...

I give you props, I dont know how you do it. I would NOT have the patience to wait for all those trains and busses and having that huge commute. Good luck!